- There is a plague
of bad driving in Britain today. People who think they own the road
or just don't care about other people on the road. They don't thank
you for letting them through, even if it isn't their right of way. They
never let anyone else through. They are incapable of reading road signs
or markings and then start gesticulating because they think you have
cut them up. Contrary to popular belief it is not always younger people
who do this either. It is people of all ages.
- Drivers who drive as close
as possible and then overtake on a bend.
- If your phone call is that important stop
the car to make/answer it. Don't drive with the phone glued to your
ear swerving all over the road because the idiot at the other end
just told you a joke. The Joke is the one with the phone stuck to
their head while driving.
- Drivers who ignore traffic
signals/signs because they are obviously much too important to take
- Speeding motorists. OK
so most people go over the speed limit but I live on a nice long
road where you can get up to 80 mph if you really try. The speed
limit on this road is 30mph. It is also home to the largest school
in the area and a main route for children to get there.
- FOG lights. See that, FOG
lights. Not bloody rain lights, night lights, oops I left them on
lights or what is that light on my dash lights. Unless it is so
foggy you can't see the car in front TURN THEM OFF MUPPET.
- Indicators. Either not
used or left on for half an hour. Which is worse. Are you sat there
wondering what that strange ticking noise in your car is. You've
left them on. Wondering why you are getting strange hand signals
or horns blasted at you. You forgot to use them.
- People who blame SatNav when they are sat in
the middle of a field. If you are stupid enough to blindly follow a
machine no matter where it tells you to go then you should not be in
charge of a lethal weapon on the roads and probably should not even
be allowed to get out of bed in the morning. Have you not seen the
Matrix. See what blindly following machines will get you.
- Here's a tip for some of
you. If I wanted to listen to the same rubbish you are listening
I would go out and buy it myself. I don't need to hear it from your
car stereo, especially at 2:00 in the morning when I am trying to
sleep. It all sounds exactly the same with the bass turned up and
the volume at full blast anyway. There is music that sounds good
loud (generally by Iron Maiden), but there is no music in the world
that sounds good with the stereo at full volume.
- Parking. I can guarantee
that even if I was the only car in the car park someone would park
in front of me. If I park in a space where the one in front is clear
someone will park there. Even if there are plenty of spaces elsewhere
that would give them the same benefit of been able to drive straight
out, they will park in front. I like to drive straight into a space
because I like to be able to get to the boot to put shopping in.
If I reversed in someone would park so close I couldn't get to the
- Motorcyclists who ride on the white line.
- Motorcyclists who ride on
the wrong side of the road to get past traffic. If there isn't room on
your side of the road wait like everyone else.
- People driving on the motorway do 50 in the middle lane when there is no one in lane 1. They get into the middle lane and stay there no matter what. It is illegal for me to go down the inside of you and there is 3 miles of traffic trying to get past you. Don't worry about that though as long as you feel safe everyone else can wait.
- Lorries. Not in general but on the motorway. Near where I live there is a 4 lane stretch going uphill. It seems that as soon as the lorries get to the start of this stretch they have to spread out and take up all 3 lanes they are allowed in. Wouldn't be so bad if they were overtaking each other but no, they are limited to 56mph so they just sit next to each other holding up the traffic.